Monday, December 3, 2007

Why You Hate Me

There are a lot of reasons for a lot of people to hate me. I sat back and thought about it a few days ago, and a few of them are actually justified. Pat would've just hopped a bus and went home if I didn't follow him that night; he would've slept in a bed instead of making a drunken show of self abuse for my benefit while I tried to settle him down. I'd tell a few more musings, but that's actually not what I'm here to write. Instead, this is why a good deal of people started to hate me as of about 2:30a.m.:

I just bought a Mac.

Oops! I accidentlly clicked "Bid" on eBay, and I'm (probably going to be) the proud owner of a brand new (insert specs here) iBook. I don't know how many ram units in Mac convert over to PC and such, but I'm told there's a difference.

You know what? This is probably a great thing. My old laptop is cracked at the hinges and I can't safely close it, so effectively I've been using a desktop for the past few weeks.

Now, I'll have an iBook for portability: I can bring that to Williams when I want to get some work done. And I can't get off course from real work, 'cause it's a low-end machine that probably can't do too much anyway. Not that I'd know how to...


Well, the bid ends on the 5th... So I'm sure I'll let you know how this pans out.

Wish me luck?

I mean, Wish me luck!

--Dan Phillips

P.S.: I'm not going to lie, I almost bid on one of those little french sideways floppy hats... But I didn't!

No comments:

Post a Comment