Thursday, December 27, 2007

Grammatical ambiguities make me laugh

This week, it seems as though you can divide everybody's thoughts up into one of three categories.

1) "I can't believe all these leftovers we've got!"
2) "SHOPSHOPSHOPSHOPSHOP!"
3) "Wait, is Pakistan on our side?"

I, on the other hand - having no leftovers, no appetite to shop, and a relatively strong grasp of world affairs (at least, the ones our media deem important), prefer to take solace in the world of amusing grammatical errors.

For example, this headline - "Worms infect more poor Americans than thought". While it is true that, anecdotally, I'm sure there are many Americans - not necessarily poor - who are not infected by thought, I don't think worms have already surpassed thought in the average American.

--Ryan

(I wasn't planning on blogging, but I couldn't let that go by without comment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment