Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Dialog Box is Too Small

So I've been going through and reading the alternate texts behind every xkcd and Doctor McNinja. (Don't ask why; just assume it's an obsessive-compulsive thing.) Eventually, I decided it was a nuisance to have to stretch out the Element Properties dialog box, and went to Google for help.

It told me about Stylish (for firefox), that allows scripts for such matters. I made the default Element Properties box wider with this script (as copied from lifehacker.com):

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);
window#metadata { width: 60em !important; }

So, problem solved. If one other person in the world ever thinks it's worth searching for a solution (and in all likelihood, I doubt it), then you're welcome!

--
Dan Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment