Thursday, December 6, 2007

Fear and Loathing at McDonald's

I guess Ryan will be on hiatus for a bit, so bad news folks: you're stuck with me! (Ah, ha ha ha!)

So, for no other reason than to entertain you, dear reader, I thought I'd tell you one of my little annoying stories that I tell to make conversation. Perhaps I should be using this type of thing in my futile attempt to make a comic. But anyway...

So I was at McDonald's for a quick bite. I'm a cheap guy, so I never order any fancy custom sandwich deal-meal or what-have-you, and I just wanted to order a burger. Apparently this doesn't happen often. The conversation went like this:

McD's Guy: How can I help you today?
Me: I could go for a burger!
McD's Guy: No meal today, sir?
Me: No thanks. How much do I owe you?
McD's Guy: That depends... What kind of burger do you want? A Big Mac? A Quarter Pounder?
Me: Just a burger, thanks.
McD's Guy: So just a hamburger then?
(At this point I actually got frustrated with the employee. I may have raised my voice, in hopes that a nearby manager would take action with this new guy.)
Me: No, I don't want a HAM burger! I want a plain, simple, BEEF burger. To go. Thanks.
(I slam my change on the table, and quickly sit down to emphasize my frustration.)

And that's my story. I don't blame the guy now... it's happened a few times now. Apparently, despite what that little tissue-paper wrapping around the burger says, it is not made with "100% Beef". Either that, or they have a serious problem in training their staff.

Anyway, that's my vent.

Danny P out.

No comments:

Post a Comment