Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My Artistic Ability

I've never been able to draw. These past two days, I've proven that quite well I think. Instead of working on strips of comics, I've been drawing single images of whatever pops in my head. What with my head being so empty more often than not, this leaves for something to be desired.

Ryan forces a few laughs for my benefit... But most of my images turn out slightly profane. For example, you can imagine what would be pictured with a caption of "I can't be a zombie... Zombie's don't get erections!"

One of the earlier ones, which I still kind of like, is a picture of me and my lady-friend. Scribbled all around us are little notes about how I screwed up drawing her. (It's absolutely atrocious!) The picture is poor, but those notes... I love 'em!

And so I've moved on to pictures of meerkats that turned out looking like alligators. Then the word 'alligator' is stricken out and replaced with 'crocodile' with a brief explanation about the differences between them. And, as an afterthought, about what characteristics separate meerkats and crocodiles.

While I'm at it, I should mention that I started writing my book. Perhaps I'll tell some details later, but in the mean time it's on the D.L.

--
Dan Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment