Saturday, December 1, 2007

Random Saturday night musings...

None of these are worth stretching out into a full post

-There's now a stop sign at the end of my street (in Kitchener). This isn't that surprising - it's a court, to the right is another court, the left gets you out. However, it's rather jarring to see it there every time I drive past - a good twenty years or so this court has stood without it, there's never been a collision. Yet I've heard many people express surprise when they realized there was no stop sign. I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

-Drove into a snowstorm yesterday. Couple that with the Environment Canada predictions released yesterday, and it's looking like a white Christmas. About time.

-'Rickrolling' is perhaps the dumbest Internet fad I've ever seen. For more information on 'rickrolling', click here.

-I'm serious about it being stupid though.

-Why don't I talk seriously about American politics? Maybe because they aren't serious? Let's face it, the Democratic candidate is going to be either Obama or Clinton, and there are plenty of people who would note vote for Obama because of his race, or not vote for Clinton because of her gender (in fact, the media seems to be hammering this point home by generally referring to her by first name only, has that ever happened to any other candidate?). So that leaves the Republicans to take control of the White House, and while there is actually a wide difference of ideology between the top Republican candidates, nobody seems to actually care about this (the debate on Wednesday night included such hard-hitting questions as 'Rudy Giuliani, why did you start rooting for the Red Sox?') - it all adds up to another four years under GOP rule. Enjoy.

-Unless I move out-of-province or some laws change, I won't have to taking another driving test for over sixty years. On the one hand, it's nice for me. On the other, a lot could happen in that time which could put me in a position where I shouldn't be driving. So now I'm a little worried about the system.

-xkcd is a webcomic I've recently discovered. While some of the jokes are too nerdy for even me to get (mainly computer programming-related ones, I'm clueless when it comes to that stuff), some of the other strips are great.

-Considering I have a low budget and limited cooking skills, I'm amazed I have yet to hardboil any eggs.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment