Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Little Bird Told Me


Ryan recently got a Twitter account... I tried it once nearly a year ago, and decided I didn't like it, so I deleted it. While I wait for the 30-day period (can you believe that?) for them to reactivate my account, I thought I'd browse through it with their search.twitter.com, and see what people are up to.

What are people today praying for? The most entertaining of the most recent events include:

  • Praying my husband's emergency surgery goes well today.
  • We had a threesome..I'm praying my husband is the dad.
  • praying I'll raise the $8500 I need to intern in napoli this summer
  • praying
Admittedly, I skipped a few. It seems that a lot of people pray for the sick, and two people had their status set just to "praying". I was rather surprised that I didn't see a lot of praying for selfish things. (I mean, those middle two are the closest, but they don't seem too bad. No comment on that threesome, though.)

I suppose we can also see people's opinions on current issues through this search. Unfortunately, current technology issues has a thousand people quoting the same headlines. Let's find out what people think of something slightly outdated: Mad Cow.
  • Thousands at risk of human form of mad cow disease after haemophiliac's death
  • UK first evidence of hemophiliac with mad cow
  • Feeling guilty about feeling relieved that I can't give blood. Apparently I'm still a CJD risk because I lived in the UK during mad cow.
Oh. I didn't know that was still so current. Yikes.

I might actually use this instead of blogsearch.google.com for my news!

While picking that exciting issue, I was trying to phrase a search to find out the Coke vs. Pepsi question. Although I didn't find out, I did learn that more Twitter users tend to drink Diet Coke daily than Coke. (At least, they did today!) Neat!

Also, perhaps Hillary Duff was handing out Diet Coke in Times Square today. Or maybe I read that wrong. Whee!

--
D. Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment