Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm all atwitter


After reading that subject line, some of you (especially those familiar with my love of puns) might have feared the worst.

Unfortunately, you're right.

I am now a member of Twitter, a social networking website of mild popularity. Twitter's main appeal is its simplicity - there's no photo albums, no walls, no embedded music, just short bits of text. Think Facebook status updates, and nothing but Facebook status updates.

And celebrities use it! So far I've come across Shaquille O'Neal (basketball player), Michael Ignatieff (leader of the Liberal Party of Canada), and Stephen Fry (British comedian), among others. I can find out what these people think of their day to day lives! And...that's it, really.

I don't know that I'll get hooked on Twitter. There's a good chance I'll mess around with it for about a week, then ignore it forevermore.

But maybe not. We'll see how this plays out.

Speaking of which, Dan has already ridiculed me for it.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment