Friday, February 20, 2009

Help me out here


Regarding Obama's surprise jaunt to the Byward Market on his Ottawa trip, I'm sure people are left with a wide variety of thoughts, most of which I've outlined below. I just can't figure out which ones are too cynical, and which ones aren't cynical enough.

"Good for Obama, getting out and meeting some ordinary Canadians."
"Good for Obama, getting out and meeting some ordinary Canadians, especially because there was nothing like that on the schedule."
"That's probably why he did it, because there wasn't anything like it on the schedule and he wanted to meet people."
"Or he wanted people to meet him."
"He only did it because he wanted to seem folksy and a man of the people."
"I wonder if it was on a secret schedule all along and they just didn't release it to the public to make Obama look good."
"I wonder if it was Harper's call to keep Obama out of the public eye so he (Harper) wouldn't be upstaged by a foreign leader."
"If that's the case, I wonder if Obama chose to do it just to get back at Harper."
"If Harper pulled a similar stunt in Washington, I wonder if anybody would know who he was."
"I want to go through all the neighbourhood backyards and steal their lumber."

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment