Monday, February 23, 2009

The biggest mistake of my life

Backstory: Back at the beginning of January, a few minutes of one of my classes was devoted to showing the Britney Spears 'Womanizer' video. Arguments that maybe the best use of the thousands of dollars I pay in tuition being used to watch music videos aside, this was the first time I had ever heard the song (which had apparently been popular for some time).

Being the music elitist that I am, I took a perverse sense of pride in that - and a much greater pride in the fact that while my friends couldn't get the song out of their heads for days, I'd forgotten it within minutes.

Then, surfing around the Internet last night, I stumble across a link to Lily Allen covering 'Womanizer'. Through some combination of boredom, curiosity, and masochism, I clicked the link.

Bad move. I haven't been able to get it out of my head since, no matter how--WOMANIZER WOMANIZER YOU'RE A WOMANIZER WOMANIZER WOMANIZER AAAAAAH WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME YOU STUPID POP SONG?!?!?!?!?

*ahem*

On a completely unrelated note, it's always a bit of a jolt to see your (extended) family's story told in a newspaper.

I'm going to go listen to some other music now. Maybe that'll help.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment