Thursday, February 26, 2009

The age old question


It's a common stereotype that Canadians like to talk about the weather. This is true. Partially.

What the proponents of that stereotype are forgetting is yet another bit of our Canadianicity - we are a very polite people. So polite, that when we ask "how's the weather eh?" and get a long-winded response about barometric pressure, high-pressure fronts, and how you call this cold? i was in moose jaw back in '85 without a parka, now that was cold!, we politely nod along and even tell some weather stories of our own, too timid to break off the conversation by explaining that all we really wanted to ask is "do I need a jacket?".

Luckily, the Internet - in its ever-helpful and omnipotent way - has provided us with an alternative to these conversations. Do I Need A Jacket? will tell you not only whether you need a jacket, but *why* you do or do not need a jacket. I've linked to the Hamilton page because, well, that's the closest I could get.

I'll admit that I was originally expecting a straight-out Is xkcd shitty today?/Has the Large Hadron Collider destroyed the Earth? clone, I was pleasantly surprised to learn that this is no longer the case.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment