Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The History of Peanuts (Part V)

(As always, click on the images for a size increase.)

When we last left the Peanuts gang, 1953 was turning into 1954, and Charlie Brown was still far from the lovable loser we all remember. How's he doing now?


Better. Although he'd become more famous for not receiving anything on Valentine's Day, ever - maybe this is why? Also, if anyone misses my birthday by a day, this should give them a good excuse.


I remember that song! No other reason for posting this one, I just liked the Raffi reminder.


Ah, how I long for a simpler time - one where people read comic books and remembered the Korean War. I'll freely admit to knowing barely anything about that one until learning about it in a history class this year. Also, I don't think Vietnam was as bad as what Charlie Brown was assuming was next. Hurrah?


And we end this batch with the debut of a man who would go on to be far better known as a vacuum cleaner salesman.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment