Monday, October 20, 2008

We made it! (Though I guess we already knew that...)

This is my first time using Bloggers post-dated system. I know I was looking forward to it at first, but I guess I never got around to it.

So, this is the original LHC doomsday. (Thankfully, it busted.)

I just thought I'd remind you all that we've been through this sort of thing before.

Western Religion's Genesis
Benefit: Eating delicious forbidden fruit of knowledge!
Risk: Eternal damnation!

1800s - Vaccinations
Benefit: Curing diseases!
Risk: Spreading the end-all plague!

1960s - Nukes
Benefit: Blowing up dirty commies!
Risk: Blowing ourselves up in the process!

2000 - The Y2K Bug  
Benefit: Free space on early computers by using two-digits for the year in dates!
Risk : What comes after 99 on a Bank's computer?

Risk: The Earth spins into space!

2008 - LHC
Benefit: Make a super-cool black hole!
Risk: Sucking ourselves in a super-cool black hole!

2054 - Cyborg Implants
Benefit: Chainsaw arms are better than real arms!
Risk: Oops! We're all robots!

--
D. Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment