Sunday, October 19, 2008

Last note on politics

Of course, I've said that before. In fact, this entire week for me has been mostly "I don't need to be posting every day, I'll do something tomorrow" followed by "something election-related has led to me wanting to make a post", and the cycle continuing.

Two quick points, then that's it. Promise.

1) If you can get a copy of it, and have the hour to spend reading it, pick up the latest issue of Maclean's. It's weird for me to say I enjoyed an issue of that magazine in a non-perverse fashion, but Paul Wells' 36-page recap of the campaign was the most evenhanded analysis I've seen yet. And I learned a few things!

2) Stephane Dion has called a press conference for tomorrow, at which it's expected that he'll announce he's stepping down as Liberal leader. That's really too bad - I think Dion had finally figured out this campaigning stuff by the last few days, and if given another chance, he'd surprise a lot of people.

I'm done now. Seriously.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment