Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Election Night in Canada

Polls have already closed out east, an hour left in Ontario and Quebec, two hours for BC.

I was toying with the idea of watching the coverage and liveblogging as I went along (it's fun to liveblog things), but I decided against it - I'd rather be able to take in everything that's going on.

I'll probably be watching mostly CTV, with a bit of CBC thrown in - although CBC will no doubt do a better job, CTV's familiar to me, plus they have the local station they'll throw to every so often, so I'll get to hear whether Lloyd manages to hold on to Brant, whether Karen's toppled in Kitchener Centre, things like that.

I watched the CKCO - excuse me, CTV Southwestern Ontario - newscast at six tonight, and something caught my attention. I thought they said they'd have reporters in 22 different ridings, which seems a little unlikely to me - they'd have to bust out every reporter they've got, and probably a couple they don't, to get that number. But I'm starting to think maybe they said "we'll be covering 22 ridings" and I misunderstood.

Predictionss? Democraticspace has it at CON 126, LIB 92, BLOC 52, GRN 0, OTH 2. Doing my own analysis of their numbers, it's going to be pretty close to that - maybe a couple fewer conservative seats, but certainly not enough to give the Liberals first place without some sort of crisis destroying the entire concept of polling. Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Election postmortem tomorrow? Maybe.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment