Thursday, April 17, 2008

Random Thursday night musings...

I've spent most of the evening studying for a history final tomorrow, and I've come to a conclusion: Canadian history is the most awesome history in the world.

Why? All because of one event. In 1926, then-Prime Minister William Lyon Mackenzie King (who liked to channel the spirit of his dead dog Max for political advice) asked then-Governor General Lord Byng to dissolve Parliament and call an election - normal procedure if a sitting PM wants to call an election. Byng refused, on the grounds that he didn't see any reason an election needed to be held. This is not what makes Canadian history so awesome. What makes Canadian history so awesome is the name we have given this incident - the King-Byng Wingding.

The weather's been great this week, and apparently tomorrow's supposed to be slightly better. I actually had a fan going today for a few minutes, until I realized I had to choose between comfortable temperatures and not having to do anything about all the loose paper lying around my room. However, if this year is any indication, reason #48914 to hate global warming - spring and fall no longer exist!

Earlier in the exam period, I was playing a lot of Guitar Hero III. Now I've cut back (somewhat), but if anyone cares about my progress...I'm constantly setting high scores on Medium, but barely able to finish songs on Hard. When they inevitably make Guitar Hero IV, they should include more difficulty levels.

One last comment - there are going to be a lot of people (mostly my age or younger) who know Neil MacDonald only as "that guy who does the voice for one of the Bell beavers". And that is too bad.

--Ryan

(P.S. I don't like to make promises I can't keep, so I'm giving myself a lot of leeway here...but sometime in the next few months, I'll finally get around to making a post that I've literally had in mind since before I decide to start a blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment