Saturday, March 15, 2008

I can't think of good titles anymore

Wow, this week's gone by fast. Already five days since my last post. And now I'm busy writing a paper on "is Canada prepared for the next flu pandemic?". In case you were wondering, we're not. Not even close. Although we do lead the world by quite a bit when it comes to percentage of citizens to take flu vaccinations.

Also, Jeff Healey died. It's been almost two weeks now, but I haven't mentioned it yet. Reading various tributes online, it's almost unbelievable how many people have said something along the lines of "I'd been loving his music for years before I realized he was blind." Myself, I'd seen the video below and STILL wasn't 100% sure that he was blind. Definitely didn't know he had cancer. Also, he was both Canadian and a huge jazz fan - both big plusses in my book.

Since I didn't know the man personally, there's not a lot I can do for his memory. However, I am blown away by what he was able to accomplish, I do like his music, and I have heard countless stories about what a nice, humble person he was. So here's the best I can come up with - "Stuck In The Middle With You", as performed by the Jeff Healey Band in 1999. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment