Saturday, March 29, 2008

Earth Hour

Earth Hour has passed
and I have failed

I spent most of that time in a minivan, after consuming a needlessly large meal from a Mexican chain restaurant featuring mixed meats and cheeses and other such deliciousnesses that take ridiculous amounts of energy to develop. We drove around lost for a good half hour, doubling back every so often trying to figure out where we were and bothering with the map spread open on my aunt's lap. Once we found our sense of direction, we arrived back at my house to find my roommate had turned off nearly everything in the house. I can't say I forgot; my uncle already acknowledged Earth Hour by dimming his headlights some time earlier. Peaking into my room, I see my two computers running at full capacity as they run unnecessary diagnostics.

I'm sorry.

--
D. Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment