Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger has died...

...and if that's the first you've heard about it, I'll be amazed.

Also, I don't care. In the least. I'd never even heard of the guy until today (although I have apparently seen one or two movies he acted in).

But more importantly, it's nice to see that the media is giving his death a lot less coverage than, say, Anna Nicole Smith's. Not because ANS deserved more coverage, but because the deaths of B-list celebrities shouldn't be the most important mainstream news stories. Leave that to the entertainment news, and print an obituary, but, seriously, why should we care who will get custody of Anna's kids?

Final thought - as morbid as this sounds, the biggest effect Ledger's death has had on me is that I've read some great praise for his work in the upcoming Batman movie, and now I'll probably go see it.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment