Tuesday, January 1, 2008

1280x768

(You see, this post is about my resolutions for 2008, and that's my computer's screen resolution, so, uh...yeah. It made more sense in my head.)

Once again, it is that time of year when people make promises to themselves about things they'll do differently over the next 365 days. As I don't need to lose weight, will never get into shape, and for once have grades above where I want them, I can't go with any of the usual pledges.

So I've wracked my brain looking for some good 2008 resolutions, and I'm writing them here so there's a written record I can look back at in December. Unless I forget about it.

1) Keep a running diary of my life. I really don't care if people think of it as a 'diary', 'journal', 'log', or whatever. It'll be me, every day, writing down what I did that day in a Notepad file (so as to resist temptation to print it/turn it into a spreadsheet that shows just how boring my life is). No thoughts for the future or anything like that, just a record of what I did. Exciting, eh?

2) Watch more CBC. Yeah, I know that sounds stupid, but half my professors constantly talk about how we should get our news from multiple sources. My primary source, by far, is CTV - and if I'm going to pick up a new source, it'll be a lot easier if it's also televised.

3) Be friendlier. I don't really have the "party mode" that a lot of other people seem to; consequently if I'm at a party, I'm noticeably one of the quieter people there. I tried changing this at a gathering last week, and talked to people I ordinarily wouldn't have (a few I'd never talked to before in my life, despite going to high school with), and enjoyed it enough that I'm going to try to keep it up.

4) Figure out how the sink in my bedroom keeps attracting hair, despite it not being hooked up to any water, and thus never used.

5) Learn the Charleston. This is fairly unrealistic, but I resolved to do it a few years ago, and never did. Maybe 2008 is the year.

Not a bad list, I might even be able to accomplish half of it.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment