Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Something new

Two posts in one day? Summer must be nearing an end.

As you can see at the left hand side, I've joined the Waterloo-Wellington Bloggers Association (honeygarlic will appear on that list within the next few days, I believe).

Why? Because it gets us out there in the blogosphere.

This blog has always existed in a bit of a bubble - generally visited by people who know me and/or Dan personally, people who searched for something specific, or on occasion people who were drawn in through my advertising it on Twitter.

With the WWBA, we'll occasionally get visitors from another blog in the group. At least that's the hope.

Beyond all of that, there's another motive here. I am a big fan of local journalism, and the WWBA certainly falls in that category. As mainstream media increasingly cuts back on local coverage, it falls to the general public to start grassroots movements like this one.

I've visited every blog in the WWBA, and there's some quality writing being done. I'd like to shine a spotlight particularly on James Bow, Cut The Chatter, Dopplegangland, No Magic Here, and Yappa Ding Ding, all of which might find their way into the other blogroll in the sidebar when I get around to update that.

(Speaking of that other blogroll, Comfortable and Furious is finally being updated again with talk on politics and baseball. As much as he might hate my alleged partisanship and vice-versa, he's still a great read.)

So I'm now part of a Bloggers Association. We'll see how that plays out.

I can only imagine flawlessly.

--Ryan

(P.S. If anybody knows how to eliminate that whitespace at the bottom of the site, it'd be greatly appreciated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment