Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm lovin' it

While trying out Google's Fastflip, I came across an article about a job I've never considered to exist. The article describes this job as an "Iron Chef" concept:
Sure, the TV duelists have just an hour to whip up five dishes incorporating the same ingredients. But check out Coudreaut's constraints: He's only allowed to prepare dishes that can be made by entry-level help at every one of the chain's U.S. 14,000 locations and from ingredients available in industrial quantities year-round.
Dan Coudreaunt is the head culinary innovator of McDonalds.


After reading that little blurb, I started thinking of fast food joints as real restaurants. Art, even. But after running out for some McNuggets, I changed my mind back.

But could fast food be turned into something more palatable? (At least to the eye, if not in taste.) Apparently a trend exists in re-preparing fast-foods into pretty meals.



(Image right: What you could make if you dismantle and re-build a baconator combo, courtacy of fancyfastfood.com.)

Personally, I think that's brilliant! But it must still taste gross. Check out the video below for a step by step guide to making something similar (if less explosive).



--
D. Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment