Thursday, September 10, 2009

Scientist Levitates Mouse, Leaps For Joy

It bothers me when I see funky spacing on websites. I appologize for my previous posts, which had some slight automatic adjustments caused by the "in draft" features of Blogger.

In an effort to make my dreams of jumping down a flight of stairs in one leap a reality, NASA scientists in California have levitated rodents (weighing 10 grams) in an artificial anti-gravity feild.


The levitation device uses powerful magnets to attract the water in a mouse's body upwards. This experiment has been performed with grasshoppers and frogs before, but only in low temperature environments.

The first mouse to levitate began to spin as it kicked against the walls of it's container. This caused disorientation, so scientists gave the second test subject a sedative. The result? Jokes about really high mice.


--D. Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment