Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sea Kittens

PETA has once again failed in their quest to limit my diet. In fact, they have broadened it! Now, not only have I had the pleasure of eating fish, but also sea kittens .

Their theory is that we won't hunt, gut, and ultimately ingest a cute and cuddly sea kitten?

The PETA website contains a while bunch of crap material about saving the sea kittens, as well as some entertaining stories. I just read one on a boy who ate a sea kitten and fell victim to the effects of mercury. (The fish was the top of its school, but the boy got stupid. Get it? School? "The irony was not lost on him.")

Thus far, if I type "Sea Kitten" into Wikipedia, it yields PETA. I can only anticipate that some fanatic editor will adjust that to redirect the article on "fish". (In ten years, I expect typing "Fish" will redirect "Sea Kitten".)

Be sure to check out PETA's about page on the topic, which displays a few random facts about sea kittens. (Click the image below to enlarge.)



Brings a whole new meaning to the word catfish.

Wait, no it doesn't.

--
D. Phillips


(Rats! I totally forgot to use my joke about sea cow burgers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment