Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Google's not invincible?

My feeds just came in... It seems that Google is not the sole proprietor to the economy. In fact, their not even immune!

If I understood Google's two apologies from the past few hours, it seems their restructuring many of their engineers and sacking their contracted hiring squads. Some 70 engineers are being asked to relocate, and Google doesn't seem to expect that they all will...

As for the recruiting "changes":
Our first step to address this was to wind down almost all our contracts with external contractors and vendors providing recruiting services for Google. However, after much consideration, we have with great regret decided that we need to go further and reduce the overall size of our recruiting organization by approximately 100 positions.
If I were a company who probably hires a great majority of the great thinkers of the world, and I decided not to hire anyone for a while... I'd probably fire the people who do the hiring too. But hey, they've still got a hell of a lot more tact than Yahoo.

But I kind of thought that was just me.

All hail Google.

--
D. Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment