Saturday, January 17, 2009

Is There Life On Mars?

It's a god-awful small affair to the PMO during election season that we've discovered there's water on Mars. Though perhaps the media was allowed to release news of methane on Mars. As the New York Times puts it, "what belched?"

I'm actually posting about the television show. A few years ago, on my dad's recommendation, I watched the sixteen episodes (over two seasons) BBC version of Life On Mars. Then I found out they planned on an American version... Intriguing only to see the differences in how the show would be made. And then the writer's guild went on strike. I assumed it was postponed indefinitely. I curbed my enthusiasm with the BBC's sequel to the show entitled Ashes To Ashes. Not as good, but still worth a watch.

Anyway, having run out of shows to pirate, I'm tuning into cable for the first time in years... and I just found out that they did make the American version. I'm not sure if I approve yet, and probably won't get around to watching it for a while... But I do approve of the BBC's show. Go on and check it out!

--
D. Phillips

(I stole the image from worth1000.com ... It seemed suiting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment