Thursday, January 29, 2009

Combating Boredom

The video to the right is completely unrelated to this post. Except that, I suppose, it fought my boredom for some three minutes. Anyway...



In the past few days, I've been combating Pokémon. Before that, I was cop-a-feeling a slab of clay. And all the while I was struggling the hurdles of writer's block. These are my latest effort in avoiding a confrontation with the real enemy: the existential.

I'm afraid of space and god and my own mortality. I made an honest attempt to be religious... but even if I can convince myself that a god exists, I still can't grasp that I have a soul. As far as I can tell, I am completely and 100% mortal.

I've decided that there's no solution, so these mentioned hobbies are the next best thing; I can only distract my mind.

*  *  *

In the past few weeks, I've dabbled with the following hobbies:
  • Baking
  • Blogging
  • Cooking (real meals)
  • Painting
  • Personal Writing
  • Reading
  • Clay Sculpting
  • Studying
  • Television Watching (entire seasons at a time)
  • Video Gaming
--
D. Phillips



No comments:

Post a Comment