Saturday, November 10, 2007

Remembrance Day

Wow! Two posts in one day! Go me!

So, it occurs to us (that is, Ryan and me) that we don't know when Remembrance Day ceremonies occur. Ryan tells me that it's on November 11th, at 11:11 a.m., but I think it takes place just slightly earlier than this. I'd hate to show up ten minutes late, so to investigate I trusted the growth of my Katra to Google.

Google tells me that ceremonies begin at 10:55a.m. Better safe than sorry, I suppose. But when does the moment of silence occur? Surely the ceremony starts slightly earlier than this, but "slightly earlier" could mean either five or sixteen minutes early. We'll try clicking a link on The Royal Canadian Legion website!

So, after a few minutes of forgetting what we were actually looking for... I guess we gave up. We just thought it was funny that veterans get a benefits package including (and as far as we can tell, exclusive to) Speedy Auto Service, AVIS car rental service, and an MBNA credit card.

Well, I hope I make it to the ceremony in time.

But we'll see how that goes.

I can only imagine punctually.

--
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment