Sunday, November 18, 2007

MultiMon Task bar

If you use multiple monitors at once, this is a must have application!

For me, I use my second monitor to constantly view a calendar and media player. Sure, it burns into the screen, but that's not the issue I'm addressing today.

The issue is that I have buttons on my taskbar that I never want to click. What I want is a separate taskbar to control the applications in the other window. Well, that's just what I found!

This secondary taskbar includes a clock, a frame for my text clipboard, and a small out-of-the-way button on the top of every window to throw windows back and forth between screens without having to drag them.

I'm sure many people will be googling for such a solution. That's how I found it. So here's the link for more information!

http://www.mediachance.com/free/multimon.htm

Or download it here!

http://www.mediachance.com/free/mmtaskbar21.exe


EDIT: One more useful tidbit! The shortcut to switch which screen a window is open on is ctrl+alt+left/right. (That alone makes it worthwhile!)

Go see how that works out for ya'!

For me, it's working flawlessly!

--
Dan Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment