Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Taste I Can't See!

I find myself plucking pieces of cereal out from the bowl, carefully examining each piece and throwing them away in anguish as I dig out the next one. I once prided myself in my ability to identify the colours and shapes, the beauty and charactor found on those morsels of nourishment.

But that time has passed. It's not that I don't have the ability to see the cinnamon and sugar swirls on every bite - or maybe it is - but that right now after searching for ten minutes... I just don't have the time. I can still taste it. But isn't this "The taste you can see!"?

I've grown up now... My inner child used to be such a nice boy, but now he's bad at sharing the ability to see the swirls. Damn these little squares of savory goodness. Damn these Golden Grahams to Hell!

Oh well... We'll see how this midlife crisis plays out.

I can only hope, flawlessly.

--
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment