Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Giblets!

Thanksgiving is not Thanksgiving without a turkey. I am now in the process of correcting this.

In light of my previous post, I'm making a turkey. So far so good, but I'm really curious about one thing. What the hell are giblets and what should I do with them?

In my turkey, they seem to be removed, wrapped in some kind of paper, and placed back in the bird. They seem to be (as I sit here, typing and poking them) a heart and a liver. I don't know what has happened to the neck, and I have no idea what a gizzard is. Odds are, I don't think I want to know.

So what shall I do with this heart and liver? I've promised my roommate, Mark, that I'll whip him up something nice with them. So far, my plan is to make a pate (by squishing the liver up really good and sticking it on a cracker). As for the heart? Well, let's just say this is going to be the grossest milkshake the world has ever seen.

We'll see how well that plays out.

I can only imagine flawlessly.

--
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment