Monday, October 22, 2007

Pluggage of My Own

I just thought I'd share my appreciation of the Google services. I'm finding the only thing keeping me balanced (or at least, as balanced as I am) is the Google calendar. Here's a little list of the other services I've taken advantage of:

Blogger - Duh! You're using it right now!

Google Calendar - The aforementioned calendar, it's as handy as the famous Palm Desktop (meant for a Palm Pilot, but useful for absolutely everybody). The leg up this one has, of course, is it's on the internet!

Gmail - At this point in time, I have 4279 megs of online email storage available. Not bad!

Documents - So I've pirated Word and Excel already, but I still find this online app handy. Upload files and edit them online, in case you ever find yourself wanting to work while waiting for someone at the library. (Yeah, like that'll ever happen.)

Reader - My personal favourite. Instead of checking each and every one of my favourite websites for updates, Google Reader will tell me when there's something new! A huge time saver.

Maps - Satellite images are ten times cooler than the crappy directions Mapquest used to give. Does that thing still exist? Maps also gives beautiful directions, and allows you to drag and drop if you want to take an alternate route.

Whores - Perhaps the most popular, yet of the lesser known of Google services, Google Whores will send a hot-mama to your home to please and pleasure. Not that I've ever tried of course... (Available also in Canada and the UK. 18+ only, depending on your area of access!)


Of course, there's iGoogle, Web search, Image search, Video search... and Desktop, Products, Scholar. But the ones I've mentioned are the ones I use most. (Not the last one, of course. That's not actually Google. And I hope it's not a service. Good god, I hope no one clicked that.) All hail Google!

Go! See how that plays out!

I can only imagine flawlessly!

--
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment