Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thank you David Suzuki, but our princess is in another castle!

Apparently clotheslines are "in" in Ontario. Or so says David Suzuki, anyhow. While that may be true, this is one trend I simply cannot get behind.

During the summer months, I live in a neighbourhood where flying a clothesline runs contrary to local by-laws. The rest of the year (ignoring the fact that a clothesline is unusable during the winter), I wouldn't trust my clothes not to get stolen.

While Dan would likely point out that I seem to hang the majority of my clothes in my bedroom to try, rather than use the dryer, I don't do it out of any environmental well-wishing. It's hard enough to find clothes that fit my lanky frame in the first place - adding in the shrinkage caused by dryers is one more headache (and a lot of slightly-too-small clothes) more than I need.

Any environmentalism on my part is done for purely convenient (or selfish) reasons.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment