Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mid-year report card

Back in January, I made some New Years' Resolutions. Since 2008 is now slightly more than half over, I thought I'd take a look at them and see how many I've lived up to.

My initial resolutions:

1) Keep a running diary of my life.
2) Watch more CBC.
3) Be friendlier.
4) Figure out how the sink in my bedroom keeps attracting hair, despite it not being hooked up to any water, and thus never used.
5) Learn the Charleston.

The running diary sort of fizzled out in mid-April. I'm not entirely sure why, I think it might have been the change in surroundings from school-year home to summer home. It had become a part of my nightly routine in Brantford, but wasn't such a part of the routine here, so I forgot about it, got a few days behind, and dropped it for good.

'Watch more CBC' referred specifically to the news, and I've been doing a decent job of that. I watched the National once or twice a week during the school year, and it's less now, but I'm watching less television on the whole now than I did then. One for two.

Be friendlier? That's a hard one to quantify. I'm definitely talking to new people more often, as well as people who I might have ignored in similar situations in the past. I guess I'll count it.

Haven't gotten anywhere on the last two yet, but the year is young, and they're one-time things.

So the only abject failure on the list is #1, and that's the one which had the least benefit to me anyhow. Not too shabby.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment