Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's Canada Day, up Canada way



141 years ago today, the British colonies of Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, and Nova Scotia banded together to form the Dominion of Canada. This anniversary is generally celebrated with fireworks.

Since fireworks kind of lose their lustre in still picture form, I thought I'd give you the next best thing - a trip through my Youtube favourites, showcasing videos pertinent to this country!

We start off with a good one. A bunch of singers, many of whom are Canadian, sing one of Canada's greatest rock anthems, and then Canada's national anthem.

Let's move on to one of our most eloquent politicians of all time, giving one of his best-remembered quotes.

And just for good measure, the other end of the spectrum.

I like political satire. I like Newfie accents. That might explain why I like this video.

This one would just be the accents.

Here's one of Canada's greatest comedians/game show hosts.

And finally, a live performance from the best Canadian band you've never heard of unless you read this blog, or know somebody with awesome taste in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment