Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Fix is in!

(Not only is it a horrible pun, it's a horrible pun that a sportswriter used several years ago and I'm copying here!)

It was announced yesterday that Paul Fixter is the new assistant coach/GM of the Kitchener Rangers. Ordinarily, the news of a new assistant would go completely unnoticed among all but the most diehard Ranger fans - and certainly unmentioned on this blog.

However, Paul Fixter is my cousin. Or more accurately, my mom's cousin, but that description makes us sound like fairly distant relatives, and since my mom's extended family is very close, 'cousin' seems like a better fit.

He's been to the NHL, a city made of chocolate, and the Mexican border, but I think that coaching in his hometown, for the team he grew up watching, is going to be his most enjoyable experience (and biggest challenge) of all.

Congratulations, Paul.

(Also, to anyone who thought I was an insufferable hockey fan before - I'm actually going to WATCH Kitchener games this year.)

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment