Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Random ramblings

No picture because I couldn't immediately think of one that makes sense. Hopefully you all can contain your disappointment.

Monday night marked my glorious return to the world of discount grocery. Nothing much ever changes around Food Basics - yes, some of the products look a little different and there's a chance I could be on strike before the summer's out, but the most noticeable change is the new tables and chairs in the break room. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the gesture - but if management was going to splurge on something new for the store, 'new lunchroom furniture' wouldn't have been in my top fifty suggestions.

Actually, I guess that's not the only change - the music seems to have improved. At the very least, I don't remember hearing any Dave Matthews Band there before, and I heard them twice on Monday.

Having not worked since January, I was very tired when I was done - and apparently when I'm that tired, I use words like "summation" in e-mails.

On another note, I don't talk about politics here much anymore. That's because there's nothing exciting going on - Obama will eventually wrap up the Democratic nomination in the US, while the Conservatives up here will continue to be hit by scandals that nobody really cares about.

One question, though - when did it become something seemingly bordering on treason to admit that the US isn't perfect? Is anything Jeremiah Wright has said really that different from some of the stuff Martin Luther King Jr. said? So why is one revered as a hero and the other dismissed as a crackpot?

Finally, here's a comic that I found funny. The guy in the third panel is supposed to be the cartoonist.

Memorial Cup preview coming tomorrow or Friday, hopefully.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment