Sunday, May 4, 2008

Further proof that my life is nothing but an endless series of coincidences

Yesterday's newspaper included a magazine intended as a guide to the Memorial Cup. I'm not sure who exactly thought putting out a guide for a tournament where half the teams involved aren't even known yet, but there it was.

That gave me an idea for a blog - writing about the Cup-winning Kitchener Rangers team of five years ago, this year's team, and the future of the franchise (particularly head coach Peter DeBoer, who is likely NHL-bound).

But I decided to put that off until next week, closer to the start of the Cup. Instead, I wrote about that dream (and for the record, last night's dreams weren't nearly that monotonously exciting).

Then, today, I was up in Waterloo for my cousin's First Communion. This is actually kind of a big deal for me, as he is my youngest cousin, and I don't think there are any more in the coming. So it was the last First Communion I'm likely to go to (not counting ones that happen to be going on while I'm at a church) for quite some time.

And who was that sitting a few rows ahead of me, in the other section? Why, none other than Rangers head coach Peter DeBoer. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time him and I have ever been in the same building (The Aud nonwithstanding).

It seemed stranger at the time. Honest.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment