Monday, August 9, 2010

What's new, pussycat?

(No, I did not get a cat. Like that's something I'd do.)

So it's been a couple weeks. I've moved into an apartment, marked the end of my first month of newspaper employment, and had Pizza Hut for the first time since 2003. Oh, and apparently I write for the Regina Leader-Post in my sleep or something. Seriously, it's weird that we'd suddenly go from no Ryan Flanagans (unless you count evil doppelgangers living in Ottawa) living interesting lives to two working as reporters on the Prairies.

Back in the K-Dub, Yappa Ding Ding is distraught over "Waterloo's burgeoning cub zone." While I think she might be a bit alarmist, I'll handily agree that Chainsaw is not a nice place and I've never heard anything about the Vault that would make me want to go there. I've always liked uptown Waterloo about a million times more than downtown Kitchener, and I think the reason for that is because Kitchener has all the clubs which are meant for people to go to in a large group (or with the intent of becoming a large group), then spill out into the street later in the night. Waterloo, by contrast, has all the pubs, where you go with a small group to have one drink (or many), but generally with the intent of not causing a ruckus.

A groom accidentally killed three wedding guests. I'm not going to spoil the story by saying anything else about it.

And I know I've posted clips of the dry, corny-yet-hilarious humour of Dan O'Toole and Jay Onrait on TSN before, but somebody has uploaded dozens of such clips recently, so here's another:



...and that's it, I'm afraid. A few things I've found on the Internet in the last couple weeks. Hopefully I'll be back before long with some original thoughts about something-or-other.

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment