Thursday, December 31, 2009

2K10

I hope everyone's Twenty-Ten is off to a grand start!

It's that time of the year again. Let's take a look at those old resolutions:

  1. Re-try my third resolution from last year: Every week, I will have something creative constructed to show for my effots throughout that week. To maintain this, I'll keep a weekly record to be posted on my other blog, here.
  2. Up my GPA by two points for next term. (This shouldn't be too hard. For our non-Laurier readers, our school works on a twelve point system.)
  3. Be healthier in these respects:
    • Eat less grease. (i.e. Switch to margerine instead of butter and limit my use of the deep frier.
    • Make a five minute effort towards physically demanding excersize each day.
    • Floss daily.

This has been the most epic failure of resolutions to date. I haven't made a post since June; I switched out of my program to avoid resolution number two; and though my grease intake is down, I have done nothing for my body or my gums.

Yet, these are largely not my concerns for the new year. My resolutions for 2010 will be as follows:
  1. Make use of the little moments for some personal development. For example, when I have nothing to do at the office, I should try some creative writing.
  2. Speak with clarity! Too often, people tell me that they don't understand my accent.
  3. Be generally more conscious of my health. I know I won't hit a gym, but I could certainly walk to the slightly further convenience store to buy my Rudbull. (It's the little things that count, right?)

I wish I gave that more thought, but I didn't.

--
D. Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment