Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Chrome

So, Google just released it's own browser, Google Chrome.

It took an hour of getting used to, but I'm enjoying it. I'd rave about how I plan on enjoying it's features, and what I think should be changed of it, but first you should see it for yourself.






I (used to) use Firefox, and my girlfriend (used to) use Explorer. This is our compromize.

There are two things that are bugging me. (Three, if you include the lack of a built in spellcheck.) Neither are about the pseudo-advanced convinience features unique to the program. Application shortcuts are handy, and the Incognito Mode is brilliant... it's the simple all-browsers-have-this things.

First off, the automatic-feed-finder is a bookmark button (always visible, if you have it; not just visible when feeds are available like in Firefox) instead of the friendly rss icon that comes and goes when appropriet in the address bar.

Second, the bookmarks are better than Explorer of Firefox... but so what? They should be better! Google has things like Google Notebook, which it uses in the Google Toolbar for it's own unique bookmarking system, accessible to all computers using the account. Why isn't their browser using that system?

Both of those features, I expect, will change as it leaves Beta in the upcoming months. Well done, Google.

I wonder what Mozilla makes of this.

--
D. Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment