Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Best of honeygarlic (and farewell)

So.

It's obvious that this blog's been on the downswing lately, with only one post in the past month-plus.

It's not that I don't have the time to blog anymore, it's that I don't have the motivation. I do a lot of writing during the day, and when I get home, I don't really want to write any more.

For the foreseeable future, honeygarlic.blogspot.com has come to an end after a nearly three-year run and 428 posts - an impressive average of one post every 2.5 days despite the 2010 death spell.

Thanks to all of you who read this, even when I told you you didn't have to (and even when I told you not to). I started this blog with the intention of improving my writing so that one day I could work in journalism, and now I work in journalism, so mission accomplished.

And a special thanks to Dan for being a great friend and the best co-blogger anyone could ask for, only breaking the blog through playing around with the layout one time.

To go out on a high note, I've compiled a list, arranged chronologically, of my favourite posts in honeygarlic history. Some made the list for the posts themselves, others for linking to something really cool or unusual, and others because I drew the ire of the Esperanto lobby in the comments.

(Side note: boo, the amazing 80s cell phone ad that included 'Even use on your boat!' has been taken offline.)

The worst book in the history of the world (9/11/07)
Dan's serial cereal adventures (10/27/07)
Wherein Dan accurately predicts the future in the comments section (10/31/07)
The first comic! (11/16/07)
It's 2010, and the mental image still makes me laugh. I'm a nerd. (11/24/07)
Dan liveblogs computer problems (12/9/07)
My life's greatest regret (2/15/08)
Java games! Funny Farm and ClickRed! (2/28/08)
One of those times when Dan probably got a little too personal (3/31/08)
Crazy dreams (5/3/08)
Best prank ever (5/24/08)
Swedish woman marries Berlin Wall (5/28/08)
The explosions of September 11...1908? (9/11/08)
Exercise! At a playground! What will they think of next?!? (9/15/08)
To be quite honest, this post was the entire reason I started using tags (11/15/08)
Of my random brain droppings, these were the most DayQuil-induced (12/10/08)
Playing tennis...against my house! (3/25/09)
Ryan's night in the emergency room (3/29/09)
The irony of said night of which I was unaware for nearly a month (4/25/09)
Somebody tries to access my e-mail, but not out of malice (5/21/09)
Our backyard is a jungle (5/31/09)
Things I don't miss about university (6/15/09)
Serge Gainsbourg will never go out of style (6/26/09)
The infamous Esperanto incident (10/27/09)
Why do/did I blog? (12/2/09)
Noway Time Hole Leak Plunges Northern Hemisphere Into Chaos (1/11/10)
I bet this looks dumb a few years down the road (2/2/10)
I'm not a jerk, and science says so (4/21/10)

--Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment