Saturday, March 20, 2010

This ship is sinking

As the dulcet tones of Alan Ashby and the soothing sounds of Jerry Howarth are currently delivering the first broadcast Jays game of the spring (not that I can hear it where I am - thanks, ever-shrinking Fan Radio Network), it seems only fitting that I pick this time to inform you of my new project.

Blue Jays A.D. (After Doc) is the latest addition to the ever-growing Jays blogosphere, helping fans and former fans make sense of a team that just lost (arguably) its best player ever. It's the combined effort of myself, Comfortable and Furious, and Leafs Fan Forever. We don't really know what it's going to be yet, but we've got some ideas percolating.

You can also follow Blue Jays A.D. on Twitter.

What does this mean for honeygarlic? It's still unclear. Yes, a lot of my writing is going to be focused on the Jays and posted on that blog now. But on the other hand, I've finished up my obligations with The Sputnik, and have yet to line up a new writing job. Maybe the two will cancel out. Maybe I'll be posting here more than I have been. Maybe Dan will lose his job and end up back here (although I'm hoping not).

This blog ain't dead yet. Just don't expect much baseball talk.

--Ryan

(P.S.: Oh, and the title of this post? A rejected potential name for the Jays blog. Also rejected: "Kiss My Purple Butt".)

No comments:

Post a Comment