Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Tuesday Food Day

Why is Tuesday SO hard for me to get a post up????  Well, this is bound to appear sometime Wednesday but just wanted to share one of my most favorite and easiest meals!  This here is a Naan bread pizza.  Have you ever tried Naan bread?  It's an Indian flat bread and perfect for "pizzas, wraps or naanwiches" according to the package.  I get the whole grain Naan bread-it makes me feel like I am being healthy!!  They are carried at most grocers, including Costco where you can buy a package of ten for just over $4.00 FYI.  These are just as good when frozen too:)


Naan Bread Pizza photo



Naan Bread Pizza
serves 2
preheat oven to 400 degrees 
lightly grease pan (learned the hard way, when cheese melts, you can't get the thing off:)

2 Naan breads
brush of olive oil (or pizza sauce)
wilted spinach
sauteed mushrooms
sliced onion
fresh buffalo mozzarella
(fresh basil would be a perfect topper)
I prefer for my mouth to burn so I add jalapenos and this stuff

sriracha.jpg

all over it!!!!

I bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  

Some other variations I have made are:
prosciutto/ arugula/ parmesan
bbq chicken/ mozzarella/onion/ pineapple
grilled shrimp/ tomato/ basil/ mozzarella

Happy cooking!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment